There are a lot of benefits associated with Aikido training. Aside from being a highly effective martial art of self-defense, it has great physical benefits and is also considered a path of self-development and mental strength.
It helps lead us toward the integration of the spirit, body, and mind, helping us to be a more complete human being. With that being said, there are 5 major benefits that come from Aikido training.
- A wealth of physical benefits – Aikido is great for aerobic conditioning, increased strength and flexibility, improved posture, enhanced sense of timing, better reactions, coordination, and improved balance. Other benefits include pain relief, better cardiovascular health and reduced blood pressure.
- Greater body awareness – By practicing Aikido, you can expect to experience a more relaxed and confident presence. You will also have a greater awareness of yourself and your environment. A lot of people deem this the greatest benefit associated with martial arts in general.
- Improve your mind – Beyond all the wonderful physical benefits of Aikido, there are many mental benefits as well; including increased relaxation, focus and awareness. You will also have greater self-discipline and confidence and be able to deal with stressful situations in a more positive and calm manner. A lot of people find that they can deal with conflicts with greater ease thanks to practicing Aikido.
- Self-development and learning new skills – Aikido is a process whereby you learn to overcome and resolve all types of conflict. Through Aikido training, awareness, decisiveness and inner power naturally develop. One learns to embrace life’s challenges knowing they can be overcome. This makes true growth and learning possible which empowers you to achieve any goal possible.
- Spiritual benefits – Last but not least, there are many spiritual benefits gained from Aikido training. Including an enhanced intuitive understanding of ourselves and the world around us. You see life with greater focus, perceptiveness and clarity, elevating the quality of your existence. Viewed in this way, life becomes rich and filled with meaning.
As you can see, there are many benefits that are associated with Aikido. If you are looking for something new and exciting to try, why not give it a go? Not only does this form of martial art provide a wide range of health benefits but it is also a lot of FUN too!